Berea Enrollment Admissions Info:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Homework Helps – Study Hall IS REQUIRED for all students who have a gap in their classes and are remaining in the building. On Thursdays at Southgate, however, a student may substitute working in the child care area if they are qualified and trained to do so. Working in the child care is an important part of the volunteer service ideology we are trying to foster at Berea. If a student only takes one class, he/she is not required to sign up for study hall. If a student takes classes back to back with no break, he/she is not required to take study hall. If a student has a break but leaves the building during their break (under parental supervision), he/she does not need to sign up for study hall.
1. All the buttons across the top are of the website task bar are pushable, not just drop downs. Click directly on top of the location in the drop down menu to view all available classes at that location and to locate the purchase options. If you have a hard time viewing all of the classes because the list is too long for your page, please press the CTRL key and the - (minus) key at the same time...this will make your screen smaller to be able to view more. When you are finished, you may press the CTRL key and the + (shift/plus) keys to make it larger again.
2. Before you will be able to purchase class slots, you will need to apply to Berea Academy. The application requires a $10 one time fee per student, non-refundable.
3. After your application is received, a committee will prayerfully evaluate if Berea Academy is the best fit for your student. If we determine that we are not qualified or equipped to meet the needs of your student, we will do our best to help you locate needed resources and services to help you be successful on your home school journey.
4. Upon acceptance into Berea Academy, you will receive a membership. You will be able to log in to the private part of our website using a username and password, and then you can "shop" on our website to secure the class slots you desire for your student.
5. There is no guarantee a spot will be available for the class you want. We will try to keep up to date on slot availability, and if you want a class that is "FULL" you will be put on a waiting list. Whenever a slot opens up, we will contact students on waiting lists, first come first served.
6. Payment is expected at the time of ordering classes. You can pay for one semester in full online using PayPal or credit. You can also pay by check or with cash during any of our "on site" registration periods.
7. Payment plans are available and you can split your first semester payment up into as much as six payments, as long as first semester is paid in full by November 15.
8. The Payment plans must be arranged in person or by phone. The payment plan fee will be set up based off your tuition total:
$0-$500 service fee $25
$501-$1000 service fee $40
$1001-$1500 service fee $55
$1501-$2000 service fee $70
$2001-$2500 service fee $85
* Payment plans increase by $15 for every $500 added
9. Materials fees for classes (curriculum, etc.) may be a separate charge. Most teachers are doing GROUP book orders, so please contact your teacher for further information.
10. You will be required to pay Operations Fees to help pay for building usage and supplies. The fee will be a flat rate of $50 per family per semester. There will be NO exclusions to the fee, though if it is a hardship a Berea family can request a scholarship consideration. Berea Academy may not be able to accommodate a scholarship request. The Fall Operations Fee is to be paid by October 1, 2017. Spring Operations Fee will be paid at the time of Spring Class Registrations. After October 1, a 5% penalty will be added to the $50 fee; applicable only to the Fall 2017 semester. All Fees must be current for Spring Registration. If an Operations Fee is unpaid and a student withdraws, the fee will be held from the tuition refund in addition to the $25 withdrawal fee and in accordance with the percentages stated in the Withdrawal Policy.
11. Payments in cash or check will not "count"/save your student a spot in a class until those monies have been received by the treasurer. Sorry, but we cannot reserve your spot without payment or a payment plan.
12. Check the website frequently as new information is being added all the time.
13. Over the summer we will have some sort of social gathering for the purposes of introducing the students to one another.
14. A few weeks before classes begin we will have an Orientation Meeting OPEN HOUSE where you can tour the building, meet the teachers, go over policies and schedules, and meet your fellow students.
15. We need lots of volunteers to help. If you can help with childcare, set up, clean up, etc. please contact (we will post someone here when we have a volunteer for it).
16. Got questions? Use our CONTACT US button below.
17. Applications are a one time fee, and after you have enrolled in a class at Berea Academy you will not need to apply again, although we will ask you to update any pertinent information. If you apply to Berea Academy and DO NOT enroll in any classes during the current school year, that application will expire at the end of the school year, and should you desire to take classes in a future academic year you will be required to re-apply.
18. Part of the philosophy of Berea Academy is "Family First". This means we believe we must take care of the needs of our own before we are able to take care of the needs of others. In terms of priority for enrollment in classes, this is the tier system we follow:
1. Teachers have early enrollment privileges for classes at Berea Academy, both for themselves and for their children.
2. Currently enrolled students at Berea Academy (which means you when you join our Berea Family) can then enroll in classes at Berea Academy before those classes are made available to the general public.
3. Active members of our campus congregations (currently Canaan Baptist and Southgate) get the opportunity to enroll next, before enrollment is open to the public.
4. After tiers 1,2 and 3 have had opportunity to register, then registration is open to the public. Once open enrollment is in place, there is no preference given to any student; as long as their application has been accepted, we reserve classroom seats on a first come, first served basis.
*****NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS*****
Berea Academy admits students of any race, color, national, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. Berea Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.